Win a spot on this year’s Six Month Novel, and complete your draft by September
Writing a novel is hard work, and perhaps the hardest part is getting to the end of a first draft, creating something that feels like it could, one day, be an actual novel in a shop.
Doing it alone with no support is even harder, which is why the Six Month Novel exists. We built it with the kind of support and accountability that’s on our own wishlist, so it includes:
- 4-week intensive plotting bootcamp
- 4 months of writing time, with weekly motivation and progress check-ins.
- Personal monthly accountability to help keep you on track.
- 4-week intensive editing bootcamp
- Extras like an editorial review of your plot outline and 3 peer review sessions
- Professional edit of your polished first 3,000 words
- A forum and supportive team of fellow writers
- Monthly online writing retreat day and live video hangout with Charlie and Amie
How do I apply?
The Six Month Novel runs from Monday 2nd March to Sunday 30th August 2020.
You’ll need to submit a mini synopsis as part of your form. We want to know:
- Who the main character is
- What they want
- What the central conflict/question is
- Who/what stands against them
- How it ends
Basically we need the broad-brush story arc, in 300 words or less, and please, you MUST tell us how you see the story ending.
Submit your Six Month Novel scholarship application by midnight (UK time), Friday 31st January
- Applications close at midnight on Friday 31st January 2020 (UK time).
- The prize is one free place on the 2020 Six Month Novel programme, also referred to as 6MN, from Urban Writers’ Retreat (regular version – the winner is welcome to upgrade to the handholders option with 1:1 sessions at their own cost). The Six Month Novel runs from Monday 2nd March to Sunday 30th August 2020.
- Failure to follow the instructions may lead to disqualification, even if we love your application.
- Writers can apply from anywhere in the world, but you will need an internet connection to take part as the course runs entirely online.
- There is no cash alternative, and no date changes or substitutions are possible. You must make sure that you are able and willing to take part in the 2020 6MN programme.
- If the writer we choose is unable to take up their place, we reserve the right to pick another winner.
- Our decision is final, and the decision-making process is private, but we are looking to support a writer that we believe will be able to finish their novel in the time allowed and that will genuinely benefit from working with us.